Major Printing Plant Equipment Auction – Surplus Assets of the Philadelphia Inquirer
Major Printing Plant Equipment Auction - Surplus Assets of the Philadelphia Inquirer
Complete 674,000 sq ft Printing Plant Featuring:
- Sorting, Stacking, and Banding Lines
- 150 Unit Truck Tractor, Trailer & Step Van Fleet
- 70 Forklift & Material Handling Trucks
- Enormous Spare Parts & Supplies Inventory
- Maintenance, Garage, Fitness Center & Memorabilia
- (2) KRAUSE LS-Jet CTP Multi-Format Image Setters, 250 – 350 PPM.
- (4) NELA EVOM and VCPM PLC Controlled Plate Bender-Punches, with in- and out-feed conveyor.
- NELA PBA-BG Roll-In Dummy Plate Feeder.
2012 NELA Plate Transport-Sorting-Stacking System, including right and left hand conveyor transport system, (1) 1/2 turn-through feed plate positioner, (7) 1/4 turn plate positioners, (4) bar code scanners, (75+) linear feet 17" wide transfer conveyor, 24-pocket plate sorter-stacker with PLC controls, (2) drive control cabinets.
- Krause direct to plate computerized plate processors
SORTING, INSERTING, STACKING, & BANDING EQUIPMENT
- (10) MULLER MARTINI 4-8 Position FlexiRoll Buffer Systems, with PLC controls, NewsGrip F gripper conveyor twin stream power out-feeds.
- (3) MULLER MARTINI SLS 1000A 24-Pocket Newspaper Inserters, with joggers, NewsGrip F gripper conveyor twin stream power in-feeds.
- (10) MULLER MARTINI SLS 1000A 12-Pocket Newspaper Inserters, with joggers, NewsGrip F gripper conveyor twin stream power in-feeds.
- (25) QUIPP Stacking-Strapping Lines, each including Quipp 400, 500, or 600 rotary stackers with touch screen controls, roller ball or roller conveyor, Quipp Viper 5114 bottom wrappers, Dynaric NP-2 automatic electro-pneumatic plastic strappers, 1/4" strap width, 21.7"H. X 15.7"W. max. bundle size, with bundle conditioning.
(Over 9,000) Linear Feet Aluminum Channel Gripper Conveyor with Spares. Good Quantity of Roll-In Replacement Stackers and Banders.
TRUCK & TRAILER FLEET
- (40+) FORD 350 Transit and E-350 Cutaway Vans, 2015/16 models.
- (50+) FREIGHTLINER MT-45 and Workhorse W42 and P42 Step Vans.
- (10+) FREIGHTLINER M-2 and International 4300 24' Box Trucks, with hydraulic lift gates.
- (10) FREIGHTLINER and INTERNATIONAL Tandem Axle 80,000-Lb. GVWR Highway Tractors.
- FORD L9000 Tandem Axle Heavy Duty Wrecker.
- OTTAWA Commander Trailer Jockey.
- (20+) GREAT DANE and MONON Tandem Axle 53' Dry Van Trailers.
- (7) DODGE Caravan and CHEVROLET Uplander Mini-Vans.
MATERIAL HANDLING EQUIPMENT
- (10) YALE, HYSTER, NISSAN, and CATERPILLAR LP and Electric 4,000-Lb.–6,000-Lb. Capacity Fork and Roll Clamp Lifts.
- (37) YALE Single and Double Ride-On Electric Pallet Jacks with Chargers.
- Assorted TAYLOR & DUNN Electric Utility Carts.
- JLG 40' Electric Boom Manlift.
- GENIE 36' Electric Scissor Manlift.
- Large Quantity of Manual and Electric Lift Rolling Hydraulic Pallet Jacks.
PALLETIZERS & PALLET WRAPPERS
- (4) 2003 QUIPP Automatic Palletizers for 48" x 40" Plastic Pallets, in-feed and out-feed conveyor, PLC controls.
- (4) ALVEY 600 Full Case Low Level Automatic Palletizers, with in- and out-feed conveyors, PLC controls.
- (2) PHOENIX Automatic Pallet Wrappers, with dual 60" turntables.
- (2) LANTECH Rotary Pallet Stretch Wrappers, with auto-index in- and out-feed roller conveyor
SCRAP HANDLING EQUIPMENT
- (2) AMERICAN 6042 Automatic Self-Tying Horizontal Hydraulic Balers, with Pathfinder PLC controls, 60" x 50' incline belt feed conveyors, with digital weigh cells and bale handling equipment.
- (3) Hydraulic Dump Bins with Scrap Conveyor.
- (35+) RUBBERMAID Steel Frame 1-1/2 Yard Rolling Dump Hoppers.
- Extensive System of Floor Mounted Belt, and Ceiling Mounted Trash Tote Conveyor with Assorted Totes and Digital Weigh Cells.
MACHINE & MAINTENANCE SHOP
- LEBLOND Engine Lathe, 14" x 148" BC, 720 spindle speed max., with tail stock, center rest and compound slide table, 4-jaw chuck.
- LEBLOND Engine Lathe, 9" x 54" BC, 1,800 max. spindle speed, 3-jaw chuck, tail stock, center rest and compound slide table, 3-phase.
- DO-ALL 17 Engine Lathe, 2,120 max. spindle speed, 9" x 78" BC, with tail stock, center rest and compound slide table, 3-phase with DRO.
- BRIDGEPORT Series 1 Vertical Milling Machine, power feed , 9" x 48" table, 3-phase.
- SHARP V-2-25 Vertical Milling Machine, 9" x 56" table, 60–4,500 spindle speeds, 3-phase.
- DO-ALL 2012-2H Horizontal Band Saw, 20" throat, with blade sharpener and welder, 5,200 band blade speed capacity, 3-phase.
- SOUTHBEND CLC-18-R Tool Room Lathe, 6" x 38" BC, with tail stock, center rest and compound slide table.
- DO-ALL D824-10 Surface Grinder, Walker 8" x 24 magnetic chuck, 1,725 max. RPM, 3-phase.
- ENERPAC 100-Ton Capacity H-Frame Press, with Enerpac hydraulic unit.
- JET JSG-6DC Combo 6" Belt and 12" Disc Grinder, 1 1/2 HP, 1-phase.
- DO-ALL DG-24 Drill Press, S/N 32-8903, 24" capacity, 230 volt, 3-phase.
- Assorted Machine Tool Accessories and Attachments Including Machine Vises, Rotary Index Tables, Riser and V Blocks, Tool Posts, Lathe Chucks, Arbor Presses, Pedestal Grinders, Perishable Tooling, and Related.
PLANT SUPPORT EQUIPMENT
- (2) 2014 GARDNER DENVER 350 HP Water Cooled Rotary Screw Air Compressors, skid mounted.
- (2) 1993 GARDNER DENVER 350 HP Water Cooled Rotary Screw Air Compressors, skid mounted.
- (3) HANKINSON SPX 4,000 CFM Refrigerated Air Dryers, 450 CFM.
- (10) 2018 FLEX-KLEEN Pneumatic Pulse Jet Dust Collectors.
Complete Fitness Center Including PRECOR and CYBEX Treadmills, Elliptical Machines, Life Cycles, Recombinant Cycles, Rowers, Resistance Machines, Free Weights, and Much More.
(2) Cafeterias Including Commercial Cooking and Food Prep Equipment, Refrigeration, Service Equipment, Dish and Tray Washing Equipment, Tables and Chairs, and All Related Equipment.
Enormous Spare Parts, Supplies, and Stores Inventory Including Bearings, ALLEN BRADLEY PLC and Electrical Supplies, Spare Motors, Valves, Gear Boxes, Hardware, Fasteners, High Pressure Hoses, Machine Parts, and Related.
Complete Truck Repair and Maintenance Garage Including Hydraulic Lifts, Hydraulic Hose Crimping Sets, Jacks, Repair Tools, Truck Parts, TireEquipment, and Related Equipment.
Extensive Assortment of Framed News Photographs and Important Legacy Front Pages Including From Award Winning Photographers and Columnists.
HELD IN CONJUNCTION WITH:
CRG is not responsible for packaging or shipping. The Buyer must make their own arrangements.
Available Shipper / RiggerBayside Rigging & Machinery Movers/Packaging/Crating & Shipping
Please email for quotes: Baysidecrane1@aol.com
Heritage Industrial Services, Inc.
Contact: Andrew Brown 201-615-8863
Pedowitz Machinery Movers, Inc.
Contact: Ray Brunelle @ 917-939-2975
Contact: Patty @ 203-266-6138
Registering as a BidderWhen you arrive at an auction site, you must register as a bidder. At registration, we'll ask you to inform us as to how you plan to pay for your items. Please keep in mind that once you are a successful bidder, you are required to maintain a 25% deposit in cash, certified or bank check. Personal or company checks are only accepted with a letter from your bank guaranteeing your check. If you are bidding via the Internet or absentee bid you must register and submit your deposit within 24 hours prior to the auction.
How to BidBidding at an auction is simple. The auctioneer will announce and describe each item before he asks for bids. During the entire bidding process, the auctioneer will speak loudly and clearly. Bids may be taken from bidders on-site, via the Internet, or by absentee-bid. On-Site - You'll make bids by using the bid card which you obtain when you register. When you want to bid on an item, you may raise your card so the auctioneer will see it. Keep in mind that if you are the successful bidder, a representative of Capital Recovery will approach you to make a deposit. You must tender the deposit in acceptable form at that time. Internet - If you wish to participate in live interactive bidding, please visit the catalog page and click on the link. You may be asked to fax in a credit card authorization form. Absentee - We will assign a representative of our firm to make bids for you. When you leave an absentee bid for the auction, you need to complete a form (click here for form) that lists the items you want to bid on and the maximum amount you will bid for each item. We will not bid over the authorized amount and only bid as high as the competitive bidding reaches. We will notify you of the outcome of the bids and return any deposits made within 72 hours. Quantity - Please note that when there is a quantity for a certain lot, and you are bidding on that lot, it is quantity X price. So if there is qty of 5 for Lot 100 and it sells for $100, your bill will reflect $500.
Proxy BiddingPlease call our office to put your proxy bidding in (800-300-6852). You will need to know the Lot# and your top bid for the item. We will also need to secure a 25% deposit from you before the auction begins.
Inspecting the MerchandiseBefore the bidding process starts you'll have an opportunity to inspect each lot. Our staff will be available if you have any questions. All items sold at an auction are sold "as is" and "with all faults" so it's your responsibility to know what you are buying. Some auctions will have digital pictures available for each lot. This is especially valuable if you want to bid on merchandise via the Internet or by proxy and cannot personally inspect the item(s) prior to sale.
Deposits & Final PaymentsYou may make deposits and final payments only by wire transfer or or when applicable, VISA, MasterCard, or American Express credit card payable to CRG. This is the most convenient way to make deposits and final payments. Sales tax for the state in which the auction is held will be applied unless the items or purchaser are exempt. The burden of proof for exemptions is on the buyer. All sales taxes will be collected unless the buyer fills out the proper documentation.
Picking Up Your PurchaseWhen you've finished bidding, return to the registration office to complete your final payment. You must make payment in full to receive a bill of sale. You may pick-up your items only after the auction has been completed and when accompanied by your paid bill of sale. Remember all items must be removed within announced specified time. If your items require special handling or rigging, our staff can help you make arrangements. Should you have any more questions please call our office or consult with our staff at the sale site. We want to make your auction experience both enjoyable and financially rewarding. We appreciate your patronage and attendance and wish you good luck.
Please note all items must be paid for within 24 hours of receiving your invoice.
These Terms and Conditions of Sale (“Sale Terms”) govern all items which are offered for sale by AUCTIONEER (“Auctioneer”) and any of its employees, agents, designees, affiliates, joint venture partners, and co-auctioneers (together with Auctioneer, and world collectively, “AUCTIONEER”) to a buyer (the “Buyer”) of any machinery, equipment or other personal property items offered by AUCTIONEER and purchased by Buyer (collectively, the “Purchased Items”). The owner of the items upon which Buyer will be bidding may be owned either by Auctioneer or by another entity who has retained AUCTIONEER to sell such items (the “Owner”). AUCTIONEER reserves the right to modify these Sale Terms at any time and any such modification shall become part of these Sale Terms. By registering at the auction, onsite or online, the Buyer agrees that it has read and fully understands these Sale Terms and agrees to be bound by these Sale Terms.
- Payment. If Buyer is the winning bidder for the Purchased Items, full payment of the
- Taxes. Prices do not include any federal, state or local taxes, which are in addition to
- Buyer’s Premium. AUCTIONEER will charge and retain a non-negotiable buyer’s
- Title. Title shall pass to Buyer upon the satisfactory completion of all of the
- INSPECTION. BUYER SHALL BE DEEMED TO HAVE RELIED ENTIRELY
- Acceptance by Buyer. Buyer agrees that its acceptance of the Purchased Items shall
- Safety Standards. Buyer expressly assumes all responsibility to obtain all safety
- Removal of Purchased Items. Purchased Items can only be removed from the Real
- Failure to Remove Purchased Items/Bankruptcy. If Purchased Items are not
- Integration; Modifications. Buyer acknowledges that these Sale Terms, the Invoice,
- Auction Registration; Deposit. To register for any live auction onsite, bidders must
- Online Bids. AUCTIONEER will accept bids from Buyers who wish to bid, but cannot
- Bidding. If any dispute arises between two or more bidders, the auctioneer has the
- Hazardous Materials. Buyer acknowledges that Purchased Items may contain
- Buyer’s Responsibility and Indemnity. Buyer acknowledges the Real Property where
- No Warranties. Neither AUCTIONEER nor the Owner makes any representations,
- Default/Non-Compliance. In addition to the matters set forth in Section 1 above, if
- Limitation of AUCTIONEER’s Liability. NEITHER AUCTIONEER NOR OWNER
- Acts of Others. AUCTIONEER is not responsible for the acts or omissions of (i) of
- Headings. The section headings in these Sale Terms are inserted for convenience only
- Governing Law; Jurisdiction. THESE SALE TERMS SHALL BE
- Severability. If any provision of these Sale Terms is deemed illegal, invalid or